Wednesday 27 July 2016

yunistudies: A guide to sleep better!Hello, friends! :-)I’ve...



yunistudies:

A guide to sleep better!


Hello, friends! :-)


I’ve decided to make a little post/guide on how to sleep better since sleep is definitely one of the most important things in life. So here we go! 


1. Sleep cycles 

Before you go to bed, make sure you have checked at sleepyti.me, when you should go to sleep. (Incase you don’t know this website, it tells you 3 times, at which you should fall asleep so you wake up at the end of a sleep cycle, which is about 90 minutes long. This will make you feel more awake in the morning!) But keep in mind that it takes an average human 14 minutes to fall asleep! I’m always in bed by 10:15 pm, so I’m sleeping by 10:30 pm, because I always get up at 6 am. :-)

2. Avoid electronics before going to sleep

It is proven that the light that our phones and laptops give us, makes falling asleep harder. So try and not check Twitter right before falling asleep (I always do it, I can’t help it but maybe you’re stronger than me, haha!) Maybe read a nice book and drink a tea. 

3. Try to relax

Especially if you had a rough day, going to bed can be heaven like! So make it as chilled as possible. Light a candle, maybe take a nice warm shower or even a bath and just allow yourself to only care about you now.

4. Build a routine

Start a night routine, so it’s easier fo your body/mind to realise it’s bedtime. 

5. Sleep the same amount of time

At least for me this is really important. I always get exactly 7 and a half hours of sleep every night. If I ever sleep less than this amount or more, I get a really bad headache.

6. Open the curtains before going to bed

Waking up to the sun shining into your face is always a nice thing, isn’t it?

7. If you’re awake, get up

This always happens to me on the weekend. I’m awake but I get up after like an hour of scrolling down my dashboard. For me, once again it’s really bad because I get a headache. 

8. Sleep with your pet

My dog always gets freaking annoying as soon as she is awake but I’m not. She licks and face and jumps around the bed so I have to get up. It really helps on the weekend, because she is alway up at around 8:30 am. 

9. Make sure you set that alarm!

You don’t want to come to late, do you?

10. Drink a glass ice cold water when you wake up

It refreshes you and also if you slept around 9 hours but you’re still tired as shit, you maybe should be dehydrated, so we see, water is freaking important!!


I hope this helped some of you, because even if cramming for a test sounds like a good idea, sleeping sounds like an even better idea! ;-))

Hope you all have a great day and a better sleep! 



source http://kianorshahmohammadi.com/post/148064930760

source http://dentaleconomicsus.blogspot.com/2016/07/yunistudies-guide-to-sleep-betterhello.html

No comments:

Post a Comment